HX Partnership and Community Manager
Direct Reports: None
Reports To: Chief Operating Officer
The Connected Learning Alliance (CLA) is a coalition of learning organizations, research labs, and technology developers committed to mobilizing new technology in the service of equity, access and opportunity for all young people. The CLA is a fully virtual organization that supports online events, communications, partnership building, and learning programs for young people. With support from Pivotal Ventures, CLA is supporting a field-building effort on youth-engaged Human Experience (HX), an approach to talking about, engaging with and designing technology in a way that is aligned with our needs as humans. CLA will be responsible for fostering HX partnerships with program innovators, researchers, and youth-serving organizations, and developing a fellowship program for HX practitioners.
The CLA is seeking a professional with programmatic, research, and operational experience in the nonprofit sectors of education, health, or technology to lead CLA’s HX field-building in a newly created HX Partnership and Community Manager role. We are seeking a tech-savvy, collaborative self-starter passionate about supporting the health and wellbeing of vulnerable youth. The role connects, organizes, and manages multiple aspects of project-related work to maintain strategic alignment and effective operations. The role includes four key work streams in particular: 1) Partnership Management, 2) Community Engagement, 3) Fellowship Program Management, and 4) Operational Support.
- Partnership Management
- Lead on cultivation and development of CLA partnerships for HX, which will include researchers and research labs, technology developers, nonprofits, learning institutions, and community-based organizations
- In collaboration with the CLA leadership and team, develop and refine partnership approaches and policies tailored to the needs and assets of varied partner and stakeholder groups
- Manage database of partners, including organizations, leaders, experts, and advisors
- Coordinate communications with partner network, including ongoing meetings with individual partners, as well as general partner emails and resource development
- Community Engagement
- Develop and implement an HX community engagement strategy for the CLA, with the guidance and support of CLA and HX leadership
- Design an HX online workshop series, and lead on its implementation in coordination with partners and with the support of the CLA communications and operations team
- Act as the liaison between the CLA and HX aligned community members by listening and identifying community needs and providing relevant community support and resources
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the CLA and its HX work in order to develop community engagement strategies and resources and resolve community issues
- Fellowship Program Management
- In collaboration with CLA and HX leadership, design an HX fellowship program for leaders and practitioners of youth-serving organizations
- Supervise the day-to-day operations of the fellowship program in alignment with programmatic and organizational strategy, vision, and objectives
- Operational Support
- Work closely with administrative team on program budget preparation and ensure adherence
- Assess program performance, proactively identifying risks and potential issues and providing solutions or ideas for improvement
- Prepare necessary reports on program for CLA leadership or other stakeholders
- Support the tracking, management, and analysis of CLA partner, member, and event data to ensure accuracy and inform decision-making around effective member engagement
- Build and maintain brand presence, trust, and credibility both online and in-person
- Demonstrated Subject Matter Expertise: A PhD or comparable field experience as a researcher or practitioner in HX and connected learning aligned fields such as educational technology, learning sciences, or digital wellbeing
- Experience successfully leading programs or projects, particularly within a nonprofit or educational context
- Passion for youth development and online gaming
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent professionalism and ability to maintain productive internal and external relationships
- Ability to work effectively and in a self-directed manner as part of a collaborative, remote team
- Excellent attention to detail, planning skills, and organizational skills
- Ability to maintain discretion, solve problems, and use mature judgment
- Ability to operate a computer, including familiarity with Google Suite, Microsoft Office, Slack, and video conferencing tools
- Consistent access to stable internet
Location and Travel
This position is completely remote within the United States.
This position is grant funded for a period of one year and may be renewed for a second year.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Equal Employer Opportunity (EEO) Statement
The Connected Learning Alliance (CLA) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Connected Camps complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has employees. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
CLA expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of CLA’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including termination of employment.
CLA is similarly committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations due to religion or disabilities. If you have a special need that you think may require accommodation, please notify a member of our hiring team during your interview process.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We are seeking to fill this position immediately.